Popular online design platform, Canva, last week announced the global launch of Canva for Education, a free product for teachers and students all over the world, at the first educational technology industry show of the year, Bett, in London.
- Free Canva for Education platform to empower education sector; builds visual literacy in students and facilitates project-based learning
- Product includes Canva’s premium features, plus add-ons such as education-specific content and templates, an all-new collaboration space, a review workflow, version history plus much more
- Canva announces partnership with Google for Education
As highlighted in 2019’s Digital Internet Trends report, the global growth of visual content has been accelerated by image-based digital platforms, fueled by the adoption of social media. The ability to interpret, communicate and present ideas visually is critical for students to thrive in today’s world and tomorrow’s workforce.
With Canva’s intuitive drag-and-drop design tools, Canva for Education empowers students to create and communicate their learning visually through posters, worksheets and animated presentations. It also aids educators and school administration to create teaching material, event posters, infographics and reports – just to name a few.
Canva for Education provides teachers and students with:
- Canva Pro – which includes access to millions of premium images, fonts, videos and templates
- access to an all-new collaboration space for the whole class to design and discuss in one place
- folders to manage content and to keep track of progress
- version history
- animations to help bring student creations to life
- more educational-specific content
- a review workflow for teachers to give students feedback
- peace of mind as Canva for Education is compliant with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- a whole new raft of add-ons perfectly aligned to everyday learning including Google Drive, Google Slides, YouTube, Giphy, Websites and PowerPoint presentations
- integrations with Google Classroom and Google sign-in methods for class setup
Photo 2: Canva for Education empowers students to create and communicate their learning visually.
Canva has also provided an integration with Google for Education to further streamline access to all classrooms.
Emma Fish from Google for Education stated the collaboration was a welcomed addition to the organization’s education suite.
With the number of Canva users around the world compounding daily, the development of this offering was not only in response to the needs of educators as a whole, but also aligned with the organization’s most important core value – to be a force for good in the world.
Schools are encouraged to get started and register their free Canva for Education account at: https://www.canva.com/education/
And for lovelier blog post, you can visit and subscribe at my website and social media accounts