Because of this COVID-19 Pandemic, it gave me time to experiment some recipes that’s new to my skills. From pasta to Filipino dishes, I finally have a chance to cook something unusual: chicken curry. And using McCormick Recipe Mix, the curry I make is something new and exciting.
Here’s the recipe for my own version of Creamy Chicken Yellow Curry using McCormick Curry Extensions – Yellow Curry Mix.
- 1/2 kilos of Chicken cuts (I prefer using thigh and rib part)
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large red onions, minced
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large carrot, chopped into cubes
- 2 large potatoes, chopped into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne cut
- 1 cup of all purpose cream (alternative for coconut milk)
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 pack McCormick Curry Extensions – Yellow Curry Mix.
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper for taste
- Step 1: Sauté garlic, onion, potato, carrot and chicken in oil.
- Step 2: Combine 1 cup of water, all-purpose cream and McCormick Curry Extensions – Yellow Curry Mix in a bowl
- Step 3. Make sure that the chicken is medium rare cook.
- Step 4: Add bell pepper, curry mixture and bayleaf.
- Step 5: Pour water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Step 6: Add salt and pepper to taste.
The result? astounding! The curry is both creamy and umami tasty because of the spices of McCormick Yellow Curry Mix. Now I’m leveling UP with my cooking game.
Check my other recipes and other post in my social media accounts: