Culinary School has been one of the best courses I love to take during my college days. Learning how to cook, make excellent dishes, and know the different cultures of the world through food has been a great fantasy ever since childhood.
That’s why it is good to teach children today how to appreciate culinary arts by walking them through games. With that, let me share with you the games I play with my nephews and why it is both fun and educated for kids.
This game gave me more reasons to teach kids about healthy versus unhealthy foods. This is good for kids who are still learning good eating habits, and it will be fun to introduce them to different kinds of healthy food.
They can choose from a variety of games under this category:
- Guess the Food – a simple spelling game where kids will be given letter tiles to place in the correct order from left to right to spell the food pictured above.
- The tasty Kingdom is an educational platform game for young children which encourages kids to choose healthy food while against eating unhealthy junk food.
Want to teach your kids where the food they’re eating was made? These games can help students learn attention to detail, process repetition, and simulate what it would be like to serve orders out of the kitchen or work as a waiter. This will also make kids appreciate the people who work in the food service.
- Coffee Shop is a simulation game where you see how much money you can help Cafe Calypso earn in a month. The game includes factors like stocking ingredients, ingredient spoilage, changing drink formulas, managing drink price, and changing consumer demand based on changes in the weather.
- The Casagrandes Mercado Mayhem is a grocery store simulation game where you have to restock items and grab groceries for customers one at a time.
- SpongeBob SquarePants Krabby Patty Crisis is a lunch counter game where you fire food at customers before they reach the counter.
Let kids appreciate the beauty of growing their food. These games will help kids be familiarized with farms, farming, plants, and animals. This will make them understand where our food comes from and be mindful of what they’re putting in their mouths.
- New Looney Tunes Veggie Patch is a gardening sandbox game where children can explore growing various fruits and vegetables while interacting with animals and the environment.
- Farm Animals Kids Learning Memory Game is a memory card matching game that also states the names of animals as children flip the cards over.
- Egg Go is a simple game that helps children sort bad green eggs from good white eggs to cook and nearly hatched eggs where chicks will soon be born.
As simple as these games were, it is easy to play them with the family, and it will be a fun time just learning the lessons with your kids. So if you’re looking for something fun and educating to play with your kids while they appreciate culinary arts, these games are worth a try.
You can search more than 100 games through this site and have fun playing with your kids while learning for the holidays. Happy playing!