PetPal has unveiled their all-in-one pet care super app. The platform serves as a mobile version of their comprehensive pet care solution.
The startup aims to address the needs of the underserved pet population of roughly 17 million dogs and 8 million cats nationwide by connecting users to a vast network of over 1,500 licensed veterinarians and 500 partner clinics. Additionally, PetPal provides pet owners with real-time access to pet healthcare services–streamlining pet record management and appointment scheduling.
“With the launch of the PetPal super app, we are not just introducing a product but pioneering a revolution in pet care. Our goal is to make high-quality pet care accessible to every pet owner in the Philippines, and this app is a significant step towards achieving that,” said Carlo Flordeliza, Senior Venture Builder at 917Ventures.
Among the features the super app offers to simplify pet care are:
- Vet Teleconsultation: Instant video consultations with licensed vets are available starting at PHP385.
- Home Vet Visits: Services such as vaccinations, deworming, and check-ups are available from PHP550. Owners can choose their vet and schedule.
- Live Chat with Vets: Immediate advice on pet health for PHP149.
- Advance Clinic Booking: Book appointments ahead for PHP385 to reduce waiting times.
- Digital Pet Pawrtal: A digital tool for keeping track of a pet’s medical history and records.
Home Grooming Services will also be available soon, starting at PHP750, catering to busy pet parents in Metro Manila. Additionally, PetPal will offer memberships to the PetPal Club; For justPHP2,499, members can enjoy the following:
- Unlimited vet teleconsultations for two pets for a full year
- 1 free home vet visit
- Exclusive discounts on vaccines, and;
- Up to PHP30K in discounts from popular pet brands like Kott’s, Pet Warehouse, Paleo Pet, Fresh Chow, and many more!
A Social Weather Stations survey in Q1 2023 showed that a staggering 64% of Filipino households own pets. However, according to Petpal data, there are only about 12,900 veterinarians and 329 clinics across the country – with the vet-pet ratio at 1:310, underlining a huge gap in pet care in the country.
PetPal recognized the stark contrast between supply and demand, and set out with a mission—to completely digitize the pet care experience. Emphasizing digital innovation, the app aims to democratize pet healthcare, breaking down barriers related to location, transportation, and vet availability.
Moving forward, PetPal plans to roll out additional online features such as a pet marketplace, pharmacy, insurance portal, and pet hotels. Already making an impact with more than 10,000 pets and 9,000 pet owners served, PetPal is committed to continuous innovation in the pet care sector.