How do you know about your current work? Are you happy and satisfied with your work? If you will ask me these questions, I might say complicated things that will bother you. And not just I, actually many “Millennials” like me are having this dilemma too. We cannot tell anymore what happiness lies in our work today. That’s why many young professionals nowadays are easily be discouraged with their work, ended up jumping to one employer to another. Is it the company’s fault? Is our working fields doesn’t suit us anymore?
In Jobstreet, they created the “Job Happiness Index of 2017” to answers these questions. According to the report, Philippines’ job satisfaction level dropped from 5.25 in 2016 to its current rating of 4.97 on a 10-point scale. It is commonly caused of being unhappy at work which related to lack of career development and training opportunities, as well as the management style of a company’s leadership team.
“More and More Filipinos are looking for career development. They want to move forward in their chosen fields, but the lack of career development and training opportunities in their current companies seem to hold them back,” jobStreet.com Country Manager Philip Gioca said.
To make it short, these are the factors most respondents look for a job after resigning:
- Salary Increase
- Different working environment/Nearer location
- Career development and trainings
- Work Schedule
- More work benefits and perks
What jobStreet.com do to lessen the problem?
JobStreet.com aim to create the following projects to help people with their employment decisions:
- Create an “Company Profile Review”-In this project, job-seekers will easily see the credibility of the company they will choose (company profile, benefits, employment care, etc.). It will high the satisfaction rate of our companies and help our employees be on the right company.
- Offer Training Programs and Career Development for Companies- JobStreet is offering services not just as an employment tool, but also open doors for college graduates and unemployed individuals toward career development and seminars for personality development, tips for job interview, and so on.
As a teacher/ blogger and financial advisor, here’s my advice for you Millennials, take every good opportunity and learn from it. No matter how big or small the salary is, let it teach you to find happiness in doing a good work and be excellent. Surely, promotions, perks and salary raise will come. Don’t jump from one job to another, rather commit then grow more. Because job is not just about responsibility, it’s about a calling that you take for you to live in.
For more information about JobStreet and the 2017 job Happiness Index, you can visit their website at www.jobstreet.com.ph